jueves, 8 de abril de 2010

Maneli Jamal - Movement III - Ziur

First post on this new blog!

Now as an introduction, I want to explain a bit about what this blog will be about. This is going to be a musician's blog, or those who enjoy listening to (mostly) acoustic music. I'll be choosing different songs that I find that blow me away, and that I want to share with you guys. There is a ton of unexplored stuff out there.

So, the first pick goes to Maneli Jamal
Now I stumbled upon this guy while on Youtube checking out different stuff. Now I'm addicted and can't not listen to his songs before the day is over. After checking out a few of his stuff, I immediately bought his CD on itunes. NO ONE has ever been able to do that before, I rarely buy CDs, but I just had to have this one. So here's to Maneli Jamal.. and Movement III Ziur



If you'd like to find out more about Maneli, or about his music etc. Check out his website here-

http://www.manelijamal.com/news.html

Check in soon for some more music!

2 comentarios:

  1. Guys I've been having a little writers block lately. I try and write extremely complex melodies and rythyms but I find myself diverting back to doing something old and not very original. I try and get an already complex melody and try and develop a back beat I.E a slap on 2 and 4 but then again I notice that maybe the problem is just that. Should I write with different time signatures or do something totally different as a whole? Please post your methods of fingerstyle songwriting so I can get a Gist of what others do. Note that I do know some chord theory (not much) but I know all the basic stuff.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey man, check out some of my stuff at my channel, if you haven't already to see my style, and then some tips I would have would be to try different tunings, like DADGAD, FCDGCE, and a few others, try using a capo here and there. play around. trying to make complex melodies is hard, let it come naturally. What I suggest is try to learn some complex melodies that other fingerstyle guitarists write, and then from there, try to set up your own. Cheers

    ResponderEliminar